How many home buyers start looking and can't accurately describe their perfect house? I'll bet its most of the time! Homebuyers like to take time to look around neighborhoods and at a variety of home styles to figure out what works for them. Unfortunately that takes a lot of time for both the buyer and the agent. Let's save everyone some time with an amazing tool.
There is a website called Houzz.com that offers interior and exterior photos of nearly every kind of home you could ever imagine. These photos cover the entire US so people can get both a wide range of styles and unique regional looks. Did I mention it has hundreds of thousands of photos? That's more than enough for any homebuyer, no matter how picky, to get a strong sense of what they like and don't like… visually.
How does Houzz.com help home buyers?
- Review photos of various styles to narrow down which are most appealing.
- Within the most liked styles, narrow down the quality level.
- Once the quality level is determined, refine that style choice further by price.
- General layouts including great rooms, entry ways, and baths
- Specific details such as heavy or light moldings, window styles, types of granite, and tile
- Learn what color schemes look the best (in some photos specific paint brands and colors are noted)
- Pick actual fixtures (in some photos there are brands and prices tagged)
- Houzz.com will show you remodeled homes so you can easily visualize what a project will look like
- Dozens of styles can be reviewed in minutes instead of hours or days driving around
- Users can identify collections for later view
- There are links to local services providers if they need a contractor or other professional
If you look at the picture to the left you can see several options for filtering searches that allow a user to quickly identify what kind of room they're interested in, what style within that room, and a variety of choices of finish details. This ability to quickly drill down into the choices that appeal most to homebuyer allow them to see what they want in minutes. The biggest benefit for homebuyer is that they can save significant amounts of time in the discovery process.
That time is better used focusing on specific homes on the market that the agent presents them for review based on the styles and types of homes they've seen through Houzz.com. Consider using this valuable resource to help make a more informed decision about what kind of home you really want.
If you have enjoyed reading my blog, please subscribe HERE!
Want to know more about me? Just Google Me!
Bryan Robertson, CEO | T: 650.799.9951 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: http://www.BryanRobertsonHomes.com |CA BRE# 01191946 | Catarra Real Estate, Inc | 171 Main St #220 | Los Altos, CA 94022